Friday, December 19, 2008

Day One at the "House of Bourbon"




I've resisted the urge to start blogging because frankly, I'm not sure the world needs another damn blog. My goal is to provide a timely, interesting and occasionally humorous blog reflecting my somewhat tilted view of the world. I’ll strive to provide content that’s worth your time.

The image above, from Despair, Inc, pretty much captures my feelings. My friend Judy gives me a Despair Calendar every year for Christmas and it's one of the things I enjoy most thoughout the year.

My off hour interests right now are Cocktails, Cooking and annoying my cats and dogs.

The Holidays are a time for sharing with friends and family. One of the things that I'm expected to share with friends and family this time of year is a patch of my "Lip Numbing Eggnog". So my new friends, here is my gift to you...the "Secret Recipe"

Calamityville's Lip Numbing Eggnog

Ingredients:

12 egg whites

1/2 cup sugar

12 egg yolks

1 cup sugar

1/4 tsp salt

2 Quarts half and half

3 cups Bourbon

2 cups dark rum

1 cup Brandy

Procedure:

(1) Beat whites very stiff with 1/2 cup sugar.

(2) In a separate bowl Beat yolks until very light with 1 cup sugar and salt.

(3) Add Half and Half and beat well

(4) Then add booze slowly beating constantly

(5) Beat well.

(6) Float beaten Egg whites on top

(7) It's best to let it age for a couple of days before serving.

(8) Serve it with a sprinkle of nutmeg of course.

The guy I got the recipe from used to keep it his garage without any ill effect. The booze seems to preserve it - I keep it in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment